Welcome to the Alliance Kids @ Home page! Below you will find video and text resources that align with the topics we are teaching in our Sunday morning ministries for preschool through pre-teen. Even as we return to in-person ministry we hope that this page will be a blessing to families who are traveling or otherwise unable to attend church. If there is anything else the Alliance Kids team can do to support you and your family, please contact Bill Jester at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of us remember a special toy or plush friend from our Toy Box that gave us comfort and companionship when we needed it. It’s part of growing up. We were made to want someone with us. And that Someone is Who we will be talking about this month. He is the only One who can truly always be with us.
We will say countless times this month, “God is always with me.” We want our preschoolers to believe it with all of their hearts. With this truth as a foundation, they can be brave and wise. They can have courage and strength. Then, when the times comes that their favorite toy, blanket, or pillow cannot be with them, they will know that there is Someone who loves them and will always be with them. No matter where they go or what they do God is always with them . . . and you.
September 26 Preschool Video
September 26 Preschool Activities
God took the initiative by sending Jesus to show us how much He loves us and fix the relationship between us.
When we see a need and choose to do something about it, we reflect God’s image in us. Through our initiative,
others can see the reality of God’s love for them.
As kids discover more about how we can reflect God’s character through taking initiative, they’ll spend the
month studying the life of Nehemiah. Nehemiah’s life is a perfect example of someone who heard about a need,
decided to check it out, trusted God, and dropped everything to finish the project. We can’t wait to see
how God helps your kids discover how they can show initiative in their lives.
September 26 252 Kids Video (all ages)
September 26 Pre-Teen Video
(targeted at older kids but I've heard from some younger ones who love the "So&So Show" too!)
September 26 Activities
- K-3 Family Activity Guide: Some activities and discussion guides for elementary kids and their families that goes along with the video lesson above.
- Pre-teen Activity Guide: Some activities and discussion guides for older elementary kids and their families.
- Faith Parent Conversation Guide: An easy to use guide with some practical conversation starters you can use to talk to your kids about your faith and theirs!
Orange, the maker of our pre-school and elementary curriculum, has collected a bunch of really valuable resources to help you and your family navigate through anxiety and fear in the midst of challenges. I hope these resources will be a benefit to your family in this season:
- 20 Things We Learned in 2020, a blog post by Holly Cranshaw
- A Letter to Parents Who Hurt During the Holidays, a blog post by Leah Jennings
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic, a blog post by Dr. Chinwe Williams
- Pre-school Anxiety Conversation Guide, some tips from the Parent Cue on how to help your child with anxiety.
- Elementary Anxiety Conversation Guide, some tips from the Parent Cue on how to help your child with anxiety.