Welcome to the Alliance Kids @ Home page! Below you will find video and text resources that align with the topics we are teaching in our Sunday morning ministries for preschool through pre-teen. Even though we have returned to in-person ministry we hope that this page will be a blessing to families who are traveling or otherwise unable to attend church. If there is anything else the Alliance Kids team can do to support you and your family, please contact Bill Jester at email@example.com.
Have you noticed any heart-shaped candy boxes or giant teddy bears in stores yet? It’s that time of year when we do extra special things to show people how much we love them. One sweet way to do that has always been with candy hearts. Candy hearts are such a fun way to show someone you love them, which goes perfectly with what we are teaching preschoolers this month. After all, everything Jesus did while He was on earth was to show us how much He loves us. And if there’s one thing we really want preschoolers to know, it’s that Jesus loves them.
February 5 Preschool Video
February 5 Preschool Activities
We often think about respect in terms of vertical relationships with have with others—respect for parents, teachers, and people in authority. Those are important, but equally important are the more horizontal relationships we have with people, like siblings, friends, and even people we may not get along with. This idea of valuing others and having mutual respect is seen all throughout Scripture and is a necessary way to communicate with others and demonstrate God’s love with them.
We see throughout Scripture that all people have value because they were created in God’s image. God values us and wants a forever relationship with us. God sent Jesus to make that possible. We follow God’s example when we show others that they have value too.
February 5 252 Kids Video (all ages)
February 5 Pre-Teen Video
(targeted at older kids but I've heard from some younger ones who love the "So&So Show" too!)
February 5 Activities
- K-3 Family Activity Guide: Some activities and discussion guides for elementary kids and their families that goes along with the video lesson above.
- Pre-teen Activity Guide: Some activities and discussion guides for older elementary kids and their families.
- Faith Parent Conversation Guide: An easy to use guide with some practical conversation starters you can use to talk to your kids about your faith and theirs!
Orange, the maker of our pre-school and elementary curriculum, has collected a bunch of really valuable resources to help you and your family navigate through anxiety and fear in the midst of challenges.
- 22 Things We Learned in 2022, a blog post from the Parent Cue
- The Simplest Way to Connect With Your Kid, a blog post by Jon Acuff
- Let Your Kids See Your Faith, a blog post by Tim Walker
- Pre-school Anxiety Conversation Guide, some tips from the Parent Cue on how to help your child with anxiety.
- Elementary Anxiety Conversation Guide, some tips from the Parent Cue on how to help your child with anxiety.