Welcome to the Alliance Kids @ Home page! While our usual Sunday morning kids ministry is disrupted, we hope to use resources on this page to stay connected with Alliance Kids families, including those who have not been able to return to in-person gatherings. As always, if there is anything at all that I can do to help your family navigate this challenging season, don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
There are now three different ways you can participate in Alliance Kids ministries from home!
Type the content for this list item here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this list item. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section.
This month is going to be Out of This World! We are going to use this fun and exciting theme to help teach preschoolers about the most amazing thing ever, which turns out isn’t a thing at all. No! He’s a person! You know who I’m talking about – Jesus! We are teaching preschoolers that Jesus is amazing! And, we’re doing it by sharing stories about some of Jesus’ amazing miracles.
Jesus displayed an amazing understanding of God when He was at the temple as just a young boy. The people who heard Him were amazed! Jesus calmed a storm with just a word. Amazing! Jesus filled fishermen’s nets with fish. Amazing! Jesus healed a blind man with mud and spit. Amazing! This world, well this universe, is filled with amazing things, but nothing will ever be more amazing than the One who created it all. Jesus is amazing, and we want our preschoolers to know it!
January 17th Pre-school Video
January 17th Pre-school Activities
The psalmist wrote, The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, (NIrV). God is the author of creation, and God has entrusted us to care for and cultivate it. We do that by taking responsibility. From the work we need to accomplish to people we meet to the words we use; life is filled with moments where we can decide to reflect God’s character, take responsibility, and use what we have wisely. When we follow through and do what needs to be done, we can point others to Jesus, the One who took the ultimate responsibility for us and made it possible for us to be with God forever.
January 17th 252 Kids Video (all ages)
January 17th Pre-Teen Video
(targeted at older kids but I've heard from some younger ones who love the "So&So Show" too!)
January 17th Activities
- K-3 Family Activity Guide: Some activities and discussion guides for elementary kids and their families that goes along with the video lesson above.
- Pre-teen Activity Guide: Some activities and discussion guides for older elementary kids and their families.
- Faith Parent Conversation Guide: An easy to use guide with some practical conversation starters you can use to talk to your kids about your faith and theirs!
Orange, the maker of our pre-school and elementary curriculum, has collected a bunch of really valuable resources to help you and your family navigate through anxiety and fear in the midst of challenges. I hope these resources will be a benefit to your family in this season:
- 20 Things We Learned in 2020, a blog post by Holly Cranshaw
- A Letter to Parents Who Hurt During the Holidays, a blog post by Leah Jennings
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic, a blog post by Dr. Chinwe Williams
- Pre-school Anxiety Conversation Guide, some tips from the Parent Cue on how to help your child with anxiety.
- Elementary Anxiety Conversation Guide, some tips from the Parent Cue on how to help your child with anxiety.